Dream On- CBT for Insomnia
Tired of tossing and turning? Tired of lying awake in bed for hours? Dream-ON will help improve your sleep with this 4 session program over 5 weeks!
This program uses a non-medication approach that helps correct your sleeping difficulties by breaking bad habits and patterns that interfere with sleep, and replaces them with new approaches that bring sleep on naturally.
It is not suited for everyone, if you have one or more of following conditions speak with your medical provider for alternate strategies:
• Uncontrolled anxiety, depression, or obsessive compulsive disorder
• Active substance abuse (alcohol, drugs)
• Current symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
• History of bipolar disease
• Seizure disorder
• Significant memory problems
• Excessive daytime sleepiness
• Untreated sleep apnea
• Active medical problems (e.g. recent heart attack, stroke, etc.)
The program does not work well for shift workers, or if this is a particularly stressful or busy time in your life. Best results are recognized in clients who attend all 4 sessions.
Available to all patients of the Thames Valley Family Health Team. Available at select locations below:
Byron Family Medical Centre (1228 Commissioners Rd W)
Springbank Medical Centre (460 Springbank Drive)