Meditation Made Easy
Meditation is a great way to quiet your mind, gain perspective, and relieve stress. If you’re interested in meditating but aren’t sure how to do it, Meditation Made Easy can help! This program is offered as either 1 full day or 2 half day sessions depending on location.
- Relaxation & Guided Imagery by TVFHT Social Worker Cathy Morano: http://cathymorano.bandcamp.com/
- Meditation for Mindfulness
- Mindful Movements by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindfulness Based Initiative
- The Chopra Centre
- Journey Through the Chakras – Colette Baron-Reid
- Meditation for Beginners – Jack Kornfield
- Guided Meditations for Love & Wisdom, 14 Essential Practices – Sharon Salzberg
- How to Meditate, A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind – Pema Chodron
- Breath by Breath – Larry Rosenberg
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom – Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
- Calming Your Anxious Mind – Jeffrey Brantley, M.D.
- Commit to Sit: Tools for Cultivating a Meditation Practice – Edited by Joan Duncan Oliver
- Happiness – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Loving Kindness, The Revolutionary Art of Happiness – Sharon Salzberg
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path Of Mindfulness In Everyday Life – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha – Tara Brach, PhD
- Rewire Your Brain – John B. Arden
- Taking the Leap, Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears – Pema Chodron
- The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology
– Jack Kornfield
- The Mindfulness Solution, Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems – Ronald D. Siegel
- The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself From Chronic Unhappiness – M. Williams, J. Teasdale, Z. Segal, J. Kabat-Zinn
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer
What are patients saying?
“The meditation is not only helping with my depression; it’s also helping me to be a better and happier person. It’s about overall well being, and I think too many people don’t pay attention to that. I recommend it to people all the time now.”
“This is a wonderful program presented by a very gifted facilitator. Kudos to the medical community for finally recognizing and implementing this hands on approach that guides patients in self-care and self-healing.”
“Excellent! The guidance was wonderful, kind, meaningful. Instructor was excellent, made me feel very comfortable. It was non threatening. Easy to understand. I learned a lot! Thank you, I really feel that I have gained skills that I will use for the rest of my life.”