Join the Thames Valley Family Health Team
Our recruitment practices reflect our vision and mission statement of being a leader in the provision of primary health care by enhance the well being of the people of Thames Valley. As a dynamic primary health care network providing exceptional care the Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London/Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 158,000 patients.
Our process provides opportunity for you, the applicant, to learn about TVFHT and the position and department you are considering and for us to learn about you, your qualifications and career interests. If you are a dynamic health care professional interested in joining an organization that is leading the way in primary health care delivery, then we are interested in you.
- Nurse Practitioner (0.8 FTE, open-ended contract, in London) open until: Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Registered Dietitian (0.5 FTE, regular, in London) open until: Friday, October 30, 2020
TVFHT is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office at [email protected]. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Once you’ve applied for any of the positions above, the outlined steps are taken to help identify if you are to be selected to continue in the recruitment process.
1) Positions are posted both internally and externally at the same time with first consideration to any current TVFHT employee whom may apple. Following so, external applicants are reviewed by our People Services team.
The external job posting shall contain the following information:
– the job title and brief description of the job
– the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
– FTE allocation for position and any work schedule requirements
– the application deadline and location or person to whom applications shall be made
– tentative interview date
2) All external applications will be reviewed and screened by People Services and the positions supervisor on the basis of job selection criteria. Only those applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
3) TVFHT offers the possibility for both in-person and virtual interviews (where possible). The typical interview panel will include a People Services representative and the position’s leader(s)
4) Following the interview process, reference, and vulnerable sector check will be conducted prior to making an offer of employmnet. A minimum of three (3) reference checks should be made, with at least two (2) references from recent supervisors, including supervisory reference form the applicant’s current employer. Conditional offers of employment may be made, prending reciept of references, supporting the applicant’s qualifications, experiences, and suitability for th eposition.
5) Interview files for unsuccessful applicants will be retained for one year and then destroyed. This file will contain resume, scored interview forms, and any reference information retained.
We receive many applications and thank all of our applicants for their interest in Thames Valley Family Health Team. We want you to know your interest in primary health care is appreciated. We keep applications received on file and are able to contact only applicants under consideration.