Join the Thames Valley Family Health Team
Our recruitment practices reflect our vision and mission statement: being a leader in the provision of primary health care by enhancing the wellbeing of the people of Thames Valley. As a dynamic primary health care network providing exceptional care, the Thames Valley Family Health Team (TVFHT) is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 120 physicians across 16 sites within the City of London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, we are committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients.
Our recruitment process provides an opportunity for you, the applicant, to learn about TVFHT and the position and department you are considering. It also helps us learn about you, your qualifications and career interests.
If you are a dynamic health care professional interested in joining an organization that is leading the way in primary health care delivery, then we are interested in you.
Western Ontario Health Team job opportunities
First Nations Health Care Navigation – Co – Design Lead (up to 37.5 hours/week, temporary full time contract until March 31, 2022)
TVFHT is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office at [email protected]. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Once you’ve applied for any of the positions above, we will follow the steps outlined below to identify individuals who will be selected to continue in the recruitment process.
- Positions are posted both internally and externally at the same time, with first consideration to any current TVFHT employee who may apply. After this, external applicants are reviewed by our People Services team.
- The external job posting shall contain the following information:
- the job title and brief description of the job
- the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- FTE allocation for position and any work schedule requirements
- the application deadline and location or person to whom applications shall be made
- tentative interview date
- All external applications will be reviewed and screened by People Services and the position’s supervisor on the basis of job selection criteria. Only those applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
- TVFHT offers the possibility for both in-person and virtual interviews (where possible). The typical interview panel will include a People Services representative and the position’s leader(s).
- Following the interview process, reference and vulnerable sector check will be conducted prior to making an offer of employment. A minimum of three (3) reference checks should be made, with at least two (2) references from recent supervisors, including supervisory reference form the applicant’s current employer. Conditional offers of employment may be made, pending receipt of references, supporting the applicant’s qualifications, experiences, and suitability for the position.
- Interview files for unsuccessful applicants will be retained for one year and then destroyed. The interview file will contain resume, scored interview forms, and any reference information retained.
We receive many applications and thank all of our applicants for their interest in Thames Valley Family Health Team. We want you to know your interest in primary health care is appreciated. We keep applications received on file and are able to contact only applicants under consideration.