One-time session, 2.5 hours
In this group, a registered dietitian and registered pharmacist will explain the key factors that affect your heart health.
Who should attend this group?
This group is intended for patients identified by their physicians as having elevated blood cholesterol levels.
You will learn practical approaches to managing your cholesterol levels and reducing your overall cardiovascular disease risk through health behaviour changes and the potential use of medications.
- 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Adults (18-64 years)
- 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Adults (65+ years)
- A Healthy LIfestyle to Improve Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Mediterranean Style of Eating
- Clearing up Myths about Statins
- Food Sources for Soluble Fibre
- Leisure Time Exercise Questionnaire
- Exercise Handout from the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Credible information for Heart Health
- Nutrition Facts Table – how to read it, from Health Canada
- Sugar – what you need to know
“Very clear & concise presentation, very informative, great presenters.” (April 2023)
“The workshop was clearly organized with good visuals. The presenters were professional and personable and used the time well. They offered good opportunities for questions and comments.” (April 2023)
“What I liked most about the workshop: Dietitians as presenters – experts in their field. Resources to use on my own time. On Zoom, ability to take pics of certain slides to recall the info later. Participants were actively involved – brought up questions that I hadn’t thought of but were helpful to me.” (March 2023)
“Very informative! I eat relatively healthy & am very active i.e. hiking & gym but I found it’s not so much what I am eating but what I’m NOT eating that may be playing a role in my elevated cholesterol. Changes are in motion :)” (December 2022)