The Thames Valley Family Health Team works in a voluntary partnership with doctors’ groups or clinics, but doctors still manage their own operations and decide whether or not to take on new patients.
Here are some options to consider:
- If you’re wondering whether a specific doctor or clinic is taking on new patients, please contact their office directly to ask the question.
- The London Academy of Medicine occasionally lists doctors accepting new patients — https://www.ldam.ca/find-a-doctor.
- Register with Health Care Connect — a government service that connects patients to doctors or nurse practitioners — http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/ms/healthcareconnect/public/default.aspx
- College of Physicians and Surgeons’ list of physicians (http://www.cpso.on.ca/public-register/all-doctors-search) — you can find contact info for other physicians in your preferred area and call them to see if they’re accepting patients.
- Word of mouth … talking to people you know and asking them to ask their family doctor to take you on as a patient.